Academic Advising Coordinator and Success Coach
The position of Academic Advising Coordinator will advise a growing population of traditional undergraduate students. This position uses coaching techniques to assist students with barriers to learning, setting educational goals and connecting students to university resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a collaborative team player in the Student Success Division
- Fosters persistence and completion by maintaining a caseload of traditional undergraduate students
- Monitors students who have not registered each semester
- Provides training for degree completion planning and GPA calculations for all students on caseloads
- Contacts students who have been referred as having excessive absences and accumulating low grades
- Monitors the progress of students on advising and coach caseloads
- Assists students on academic warning with academic success plans
- Advises program requirements, course selection, and registration procedures to both prospective and current student populations
- Provides academic coaching to assist with identifying, developing, and implementing learning strategies and study skills specific to course requirements
- Refers students to appropriate academic personnel and support resources and collaborates with others to monitor and accelerate the academic progress of the students referred
- Provides guidance to students on university policy and academic requirements
- Exhibits willingness to train on success coaching and new advising initiatives
- Coaching students that are identified as academically at-risk
- Other duties assigned by supervisory personnel
- Must have a valid and accredited bachelor’s degree in an academic field, Master’s in a related field is preferred
- Academic advising experience at a collegiate level preferred
- Demonstrated evidence of a team-oriented, professional mindset with the experience and ability to be a creative problem-solver
- Ability to multi-task and show attention to detail in a fast-paced professional environment
- Excellent community building, organizational and verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated outstanding computer technology capabilities
- Demonstrated passion for student service and success
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
This position actively engages with students on a daily basis. The search committee will be looking for an individual who is people-oriented, values effective communication, and has a desire to see individuals succeed, while embracing the university’s Christian mission and values.
This is an entry-level position and will work under the direction and mentorship of the Executive Director of Student Success. Training in the areas of advising and coaching will be provided.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidates should complete the application using the “Apply Now” link below and include a cover letter, resume, and name and contact information for three references with their submissions. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.