ACTEGA North America is a leading manufacturer of water-based and energy curable coatings, inks and adhesives for the printing and graphic arts industry. Our products offer high-value visual and functional appearances to paper, board, metal or plastic. ACTEGA has a highly specialized technical sales and applications team dedicated to bringing your surfaces to life.
The Batch Builder is responsible for reviewing batch sheets, properly selecting weights of chemicals, and mixing chemicals to specifications as indicated on the batch sheets. The Batch Builder is responsible for verifying all products conform to quality standards and specifications..
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• Support and promote a culture of safety first by personal demonstration of appropriate safety behaviors and actively caring about others.
• Have a solid understanding of production procedures including how to review a batch sheet using the correct tanks, mixers, process piping, and preparation process.
• Maintain and is familiar with all necessary manufacturing equipment including but not limited to mixers, pumps, tanks, valves, forklifts, etc.
• Analyze and comprehend critical parameters of various product lines.
• Track, and record production data from documents including customer orders, work tickets, product specifications, and individual work production sheets.
• Calculate, track and record factors such as types and quantities of items produced, materials used, amount of scrap, and frequency of defects.
• RCRA Awareness and satellite waste accumulation (including but not limited to) container selection, labeling, dating, etc.
• Periodically remove satellite waste containers and deliver to less than 90 day storage area
• General house keeping
• Annual RCRA Training including Emergency Coordinator (secondary) refresher, Contingency Plan training, RCRA hazardous waste training
• Spill/emergency response procedures.
• Maintain accurate inventory records for all materials used/discarded.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment or previous chemical experience preferred.
• Ability to write, read, comprehend and follow simple instructions.
• Proven ability to perform simple math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to pass a forklift driving test within 1 week of being onsite
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position requires working in an open production facility. Specific physical demands include:
• Frequent ability to walk, stand, move, reach, and/or navigate in an open warehouse environment
• Frequent operation of a forklift
• Frequent ability to:
o Balance > 50% of the time
o Stand > 66% of the time
o Walk > 33% of the time
o Reach above/below > 66% of the time
o Sit > 5% of the time
• Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Frequent movement of objects up to 2500 lbs with proper lifting devices.
This position requires working in an open production facility in areas that may or may not temperature controlled. Specific environmental conditions include:
• Working inside where temperatures occasionally reach or exceed 90-100°F or could potentially fall below 32°F
• Frequent exposure to fumes and/or unpleasant odors – ammonia/amines/acrylate (no toxic fumes, irritant classification only).
• Occasional intermittent noise levels not to exceed 85db.
• Constant interaction/manipulation of water-based and UV-cured inks.
• Frequent interaction with skin sensitizers and corrosive materials
This position requires compliance with specific Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to:
• Safety glasses
• Safety Toe Shoes
• Faceshield and/or dust mask
• Tyvec sleeves, coat, overalls
• Standard Nitrile gloves and Butyl Nitrile gloves