The Director, Manufacturing – Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems, provides overall strategic direction and leadership for DOAS business unit operations and manufacturing facilities. Develop long-term strategic plans for achieving operational excellence in support of business unit sales growth targets and profitability levels. Responsible for leading the operational excellence objectives at each plant in the areas of safety, quality, customer satisfaction/on-time shipping, productivity, and talent retention & development.
This role will have a close working relationship with the General Manager, Plant Managers/Production Managers and fellow Manufacturing Directors. It will be critical to operate with these business leaders in a trusted and highly collaborative manner. Close collaboration with the manufacturing excellence and human resource teams will also be an integral aspect of this position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide direct supervision of the operations leadership team within the business unit; this may include plant managers, production managers, manufacturing engineering managers, scheduling managers, process improvement manager, and materials managers
- Ensure that all factories are producing high quality products up to Greenheck Group standards.
- Promote and support safety initiatives and a culture of safety.
- Ensure that best practices and procedural consistency are implemented across plants, which will enable great customer service at a competitive cost structure.
- Share candid performance and skill set observations and/or recommendations to appropriate leadership levels of the organization.
- Provide thought leadership, along with HR and BU leadership, to establish compensation, benefits, and working environment package that aligns with being an employer of choice.
- Drive continuous improvement of productivity and efficiencies through effective employee relations, employee involvement, manpower planning, lean manufacturing principles, and synchronized manufacturing.
- Responsible for monthly and annual production goals and execution.
- Provide thought leadership in the development of long-term strategic plans for achieving operational excellence, including tooling and equipment initiatives.
- Work with business unit resources and the Manufacturing Excellence team to manage and monitor machine capacities.
- Collaborate with executive team to further evolve Greenheck Group’s North American Manufacturing Strategy deployment.
- Develop and own current/future state manufacturing capacity plans for the business unit. Develop capital investment plans to support capacity plans and growth strategy.
- Monitor and provide mentorship to plant management and logistics teams so that they can achieve schedule attainment and on-time shipping goals.
- Lead & support initiatives to ensure Greenheck Group is attracting and retaining our unfair share of inspired team members.
- Represent manufacturing with outside visitors such as company tours, applicants in the interview process, vendors/suppliers or community partners as needed.
- Develop sales & operations plans and communicate manpower and hiring requirements for Oklahoma and North Carolina manufacturing locations
- Develop justifications for capital equipment investments and oversee implementation to ensure projects meet timeline and budget
- Work closely with Purchasing teams and internal suppliers to develop a robust supply chain for materials and components
- Develop a strong partnership with BU product engineering team to ensure new designs and enhancements are implemented safely and efficiently
What you should have:
- Work requires a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, which is equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a minimum of a regular four-year college program.
- Must understand and consistently demonstrate the Greenheck Group culture, and eagerly pass this understanding on to employees.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing operations, including a role as a plant manager.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the company, including listening and coaching of front-line employees as well as direction setting and candid personnel discussion with the management team.
- Ability to evaluate plant operations and recommend changes that will significantly improve quality, safety, efficiency and production speed.
- Ability to think strategically and help managing director and general managers establish plans for the plants.
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” as a leadership tool.
- Approachable, engaged and “walk the talk” on the values.
- Experience with continuous improvement project and lean operational principles is required.
- Significant in-person time investment at regional plant locations (minimum travel 25%)
- SAP experience preferred but not required.
Why you’ll love it here:
Greenheck Group has a team of individuals who devote their work to engineering Dedicated Outdoor Air System (DOAS) products. The DOAS unit has employees in Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Carolina, and Oklahoma, and it is Greenheck’s fastest growing segment. Their products are mainly utilized in K-12 educational facilities where they bring fresh air in and keep spaces comfortable for a pleasant learning environment. The DOAS business unit is a focused team, and they offer numerous growth opportunities at Greenheck Group.
Hear directly from our team members about why they love it here!
Benefits for you and your family:
Our benefit packages and salaries are among the best in our industry. Benefits may vary slightly by location, but usually include:
- Health insurance
- Prescription drug benefits
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- 401(k) Retirement savings plan
- On-site clinic and fitness center (Schofield location)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending accounts for medical or dependent care expenses
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Wellness Program
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.