Position: Facilities Manager
Reports To: VP of Manufacturing Excellence
Approval Date: 4/26/19
Last Revised: 4/26/19
Responsible for the planning and execution of facility and maintenance projects, management of buildings
grounds, vehicles, and facility security.
Steffes Core Values
Trust: We promote growth and long-term success by making wise decisions with trust as an essential
Respect: We unleash creative talents of our diverse workforce by treating each other the way we would like to be
Teamwork: We believe people achieve much more by working together.
Integrity: We follow through and keep our word while being open, honest, ethical, and fair.
Safety: We view our co-workers as family members of our business and strive to ensure safety for all.
Humility: We recognize and appreciate strengths and contributions beyond one’s self. We are modest, genuine,
1. Maintain continuous plant operations and efficiency improvement and supervises employees assisting in these
2. Plans, coordinates, and executes additions or modifications to all facilities including: design, alternative
investigation, bidding, construction, fit-for-use, and close-out.
3. Responsible for the monitoring of the condition of the facilities, grounds, and vehicles and recommendations for
repair, replacement, or additions as necessary. This includes snow removal, mowing, gravel, grading, haying,
clean-up, septic, water, lighting, and signs.
4. Facilities equipment maintenance, such as air conditioning, heating, lighting, signs, alarm system, and air
5. Vehicles maintenance to include vans, automobiles, trucks, forklifts, man-lifts, trailers, and other powered mobile
6. Responsible for maintenance of fences, gates, doors, locks, security cameras and systems.
7. Investigate, analyze, justify, purchase, and introduce new or alternative facilities or equipment.
8. Maintain plant and grounds layouts and records for vehicles and major machines.
9. Optimize preventive and predictive maintenance programs related to facilities management.
10. Updates all facilities and grounds layouts and updates records of machines, facilities, and vehicles.
11. Maintain control of approved projects and delivery of capital purchase budget items.
12. Actively participate in all LEAN activities such as Kaizens, continuous improvement, TPMs, 5S, and waste
13. Strives to contain costs and reduce waste. Finds ways to conserve resources and overcome resource
14. Responsible for understanding and assisting the energy management needs of assigned sites.
15. Maintain a safe work environment at all times.
16. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in collaborative manner with customers,
suppliers, co-workers, and management.
17. Support and help develop their team with professional development short and long term goals.
18. Helps company meet its Strategic, Quality and Safety objectives.
19. Other duties may be assigned
Customer Service – Demonstrate excellent customer service and display a positive attitude and behavior
consistent with the Steffes Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Quality – Actively support and participate in Quality Improvement.
• Take immediate action in unsafe situations.
• Adhere to all safety standards; thus, promoting safe practices to ensure a safe environment.
Conduct – Demonstrate and support the Steffes Code of Conduct.
Policies and Procedures – Demonstrate and support Steffes Policies and Procedures by:
• Using tact, sound judgement, and maintaining a professional attitude in communication and
relationships with others.
• Striving to deliver the best quality in daily work.
• Promoting a positive image of Steffes and its products.
• Being timely and punctual in attendance and following all policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
• 5 + years in facilities management or project management
• Forklift certification (training will be provided)
• Basic computer knowledge (windows, email, internet, etc.)
• MS Word-Intermediate; MS Excel-advanced; MS PowerPoint-Intermediate; MS Outlook-Intermediate; AutoCADIntermediate
• Communications skills
• Basic math skills
• Reading skills (basic instructional and technical information)
• An acceptable combination of education and experience
Physical Demands of Position
• This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree.
• Must have the ability to lift 70 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 100 pounds.
• Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs.
• Stooping, crouching, kneeling, and bending.
• Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some activities.
• Visual acuity is required to inspect work completed.
• This role may be subject to internal and external environmental conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
I acknowledge that I understand the information contained in this document and can perform the essential
functions of this job without accommodations. I also acknowledge that employment with Steffes Solutions LLC is
at-will and not for a specific period of time and can be terminated at any time, with or without cause or notice, by
Steffes Solutions LLC.
Apply online: https://www.steffes.com/careers/apply/