ACTEGA North America is a leading manufacturer of water-based and energy curable coatings, inks and adhesives for the printing and graphic arts industry. Our products offer high-value visual and functional appearances to paper, board, metal or plastic. ACTEGA has a highly specialized technical sales and applications team dedicated to bringing your surfaces to life.
The Filterer works in a Production Manufacturing environment. This position is responsible for ensuring that all batches of chemicals are properly filtered to meet quality assurance standards.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• Support and promote a culture of safety first by personal demonstration of appropriate safety behaviors and actively caring about others.
• Performs proper filtration of QA approved materials into containers specified by process order instructions.
• Fills containers with product after filtration to the correct weights as specified on the process order.
• Accurately identify product that has been filtered, and packaged so it can be properly labeled, stored, and shipped while maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
• Apply product labels to containers as necessary.
• Accurately record yields and container consumption on process orders for confirmation.
• Maintain accurate inventory records for all materials used/discarded.
• Processes re-packs of materials into new containers; complete the necessary re-pack forms.
• Assist in batch-building as required.
• Assist in utility work as required.
• General maintenance and housekeeping of work areas
• RCRA Awareness and satellite waste accumulation (including but not limited to) container selection, labeling, dating, etc.
• Annual RCRA Training including Emergency Coordinator (secondary) refresher, Contingency Plan training, RCRA hazardous waste training.
• Remove satellite waste containers and deliver them to the appropriate storage area as needed.
• Awareness and proper execution of spill/emergency response procedures.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment or previous chemical experience preferred.
• Ability to write, read, comprehend, and follow simple instructions.
• Proven ability to perform simple math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position requires working in an open production facility. Specific physical demands include:
• Frequent ability to walk, stand, move, reach, and/or navigate in an open warehouse environment
• Frequent operation of a forklift
• Frequent ability to:
o Balance > 50% of the time
o Stand > 66% of the time
o Walk > 33% of the time
o Reach above/below > 66% of the time
o Sit > 5% of the time
• Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Frequent movement of objects up to 2500 lbs with proper lifting devices.
This position requires working in an open production facility in areas that may or may not temperature controlled. Specific environmental conditions include:
• Working inside where temperatures occasionally reach or exceed 90-100°F or could potentially fall below 32°F
• Frequent exposure to fumes and/or unpleasant odors – ammonia/amines/acrylate (no toxic fumes, irritant classification only).
• Occasional intermittent noise levels not to exceed 85db.
• Constant interaction/manipulation of water-based and UV-cured inks.
• Frequent interaction with skin sensitizers and corrosive materials
This position requires compliance with specific Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to:
• Safety glasses
• Safety Toe Shoes
• Faceshield and/or dust mask
• Tyvec sleeves, coat, overalls
• Standard Nitrile gloves and Butyl Nitrile gloves