Position: Human Resources Generalist
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Approval Date: 4/26/19
Last Revised: 4/26/19
This role is responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating, and executing policies and programs covering
employment, training, safety, health, benefits, and employee relations for assigned client groups. This role will be
expected to make recommendations for assigned client groups regarding staffing, benefits, training, employee
relations, and organizational development and implement strategies.
Steffes Core Values
Trust: We promote growth and long-term success by making wise decisions with trust as an essential
Respect: We unleash creative talents of our diverse workforce by treating each other the way we would like to be
Teamwork: We believe people achieve much more by working together.
Integrity: We follow through and keep our word while being open, honest, ethical, and fair.
Safety: We view our co-workers as family members of our business and strive to ensure safety for all.
Humility: We recognize and appreciate strengths and contributions beyond one’s self. We are modest, genuine,
1. Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in
development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee
handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
2. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
3. Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and recommends changes
4. May participate in benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, reviewing invoices
for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
5. Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt employees, students, and temporary employees;
conducts new employee orientations; monitors career path program; writes and places advertisements and
participates in community networking activities.
6. Develops strategic staffing plans for assigned client groups.
7. Will work closely with key leaders on business priorities related to Human Resources.
8. Required to attend assigned client group meetings and participate in business related projects.
9. Handles employee relations counseling, terminations, and exit interviewing.
10. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
11. May maintain portions of company organization charts and employee directory.
12. Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
13. Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align
the employees with the strategic goals of the company.
14. Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
15. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations related to employment.
16. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in collaborative manner with customers,
suppliers, co-workers, and management.
17. Helps company meet its Strategic, Quality and Safety objectives.
18. Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Service – Demonstrate excellent customer service and display a positive attitude and behavior
consistent with the Steffes Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Quality – Actively support and participate in Quality Improvement.
• Take immediate action in unsafe situations.
• Adhere to all safety standards; thus, promoting safe practices to ensure a safe environment.
Conduct – Demonstrate and support the Steffes Code of Conduct.
Policies and Procedures – Demonstrate and support Steffes Policies and Procedures by:
• Using tact, sound judgement, and maintaining a professional attitude in communication and
relationships with others.
• Striving to deliver the best quality in daily work.
• Promoting a positive image of Steffes and its products.
• Being timely and punctual in attendance and following all policies and procedures.
• A bachelor’s degree and three to five years of business or Human Resources experience
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
• Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
• An acceptable combination of education and experience
Physical Demands of Position
• This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree
• Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 20 pounds
• Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs
• Stooping, crouching, kneeling and bending
• Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some activities
• This role may be subject to internal and external environmental conditions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
I acknowledge that I understand the information contained in this document and can perform the essential
functions of this job without accommodations. I also acknowledge that employment with Steffes Solutions LLC is
at-will and not for a specific period of time and can be terminated at any time, with or without cause or notice, by
Steffes Solutions LLC.