Job Type: Full-time
Must be willing to work a swing shift.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist the Production Supervisor in assuring the profitable operation of the Production Department
- Assist the Production Supervisor in determining production targets to meet customer orders and communicate the expectations to the staff and follow up on results.
- Assist the Production Supervisor in assuring compliance with all Federal, State, and Local health and safety law, ordinances, and policies
- Assist the Production Supervisor in assuring the highest standards of quality in the Production Department are met and ensures that all employees follow the established procedures for inspection of products.
- Verifies the work quality of all departments
- Assist the Production Supervisor in assuring the equitable scheduling of jobs to the staff.
- Immediately address any situations, which impede or enhance production and keep the Production Supervisor informed of all actions.
- Ensure that operators maintain clean and safe work areas.
- Ensuring the training of all operators in all aspects of CYC procedures, policies, operations, and safety and production techniques and assists the Production Supervisor in assuring the on-the-job training of all shift personnel.
- Monitor all non-conformities as required and ensure that proper and correct training is provided to operators to prevent further occurrences.
- Complete employee evaluations and review the evaluation with the employees.
- Inform incoming Supervisor of any problem areas that may be of concern
- When shift is scheduled “last shift” of the work week, perform “close down” activities by turning off lights, machines, and compressors, cleaning areas, and securing all doors prior to departing the facility.
- Assuring that personal industry knowledge is current to the needs of the business.
- Ensures enforcement of all company policies and procedures according to employee handbook and document any and all occurrences where they are not being met.
- Assuring that waste products are disposed of properly.
- Providing routine maintenance to assure that equipment and machinery is kept in the best working condition.
- Directing the activities of all shift personnel.
- Performing the duties of an operator when necessary.
- Working with the Production Supervisor in assisting management with the recruiting hiring, and dismissing departmental employees.
- Completes other related duties or tasks assigned by the Production Supervisor.
- Complies with 5S responsibilities and ensures that employees adhere to the 5S program
- Actively participates in and leads Kaizen activities in assigned areas promoting Continuous Improvement.
- Actively communicates with other departments to improve overall performance of the company.
- Actively participates/leads in department team meetings.
- Leads employees by example (role model).
AFTER A SUCCESSFUL 90 DAY INTRODUCTORY PERIOD, YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE AND A SALARY INCREASE. Health, Vision and Dental available after one full moth of employment.