Benestar Brands is a rapidly growing snack food manufacturer focused on better-for-you, high-quality snacks. We are building a state-of-the-art facility in Kings Mountain, NC that will produce our restaurant-style tortilla chip brands and pork skin snacks. We are seeking a dynamic candidate to fill the role of Maintenance Technician based at the Kings Mountain facility.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairing and maintaining all assets in the production facility. This position responds promptly to equipment breakdowns and repairs the machinery in a timely manner and performs planned and unscheduled work, as necessary. The Maintenance Technician also maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results; and maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies. This position is also responsible for making design improvements and process changes to improve overall production efficiencies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Provides timely repairs, upkeep, and preventive maintenance. Maintains the spare parts inventory and feedback stock levels to Supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains multiple pieces of equipment by correctly completing assigned PMs, performing corrective maintenance work orders, filling out all paperwork, work orders, parts usage, and order forms.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance, and assisting production as needed to keep the line running at top efficiency.
- Makes recommendations for equipment improvements. Strives for continuous improvement of equipment.
- Assists with set-ups, start-ups, and qualifications.
- Maintains a safe work environment. Ensure all tasks are completed safely. Ensure all equipment is in a safe working order.
- Performs specific duties during both production and non-production hours in a timely manner with OSHA Lockout/Tagout and Company safety regulations.
- Monitors performance of equipment and informs maintenance and production supervisors of potential problems.
- Maintains logbooks through the equipment PM stages to calibrate machinery to performance standards.
- Provides “hands on” training and direction to mechanics and techs in properly servicing, repairing, and maintaining the equipment operated by the Company.
- Complies with good manufacturing practices.
- Minimum 5 years of mechanic experience, PLC, VFD experience required. 2 years of education beyond high school in college or technical school.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with 480v and low voltage, 24-volt control systems, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated understanding on how instrumentation works and troubleshooting problems with instruments.
- Advanced knowledge with preferred 2 plus years’ experience in plant maintenance and high-speed production equipment, and, or certification of technical schooling in this area.
- Experience in welding of stainless steel, fabrication, and design.
- Installation of mechanical equipment (speed reducers, sprockets, chains, gear motors, gears, bearings, air extractors, hydraulic pumps, conveyor belts, helical worms, oil seals, hydraulic valves, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with preventative maintenance and general facilities procedures
- Solid background in safety practices (OSHA & MSDS) equipment and controls
- Work with manual and workshop tools (Lathe/mill operation, drilling/tapping, ball bearing press, oxygen-acetylene type cutting equipment, polisher, MIG/TIG/Stick welding, etc.)
- Reading, writing, computer, and analytical skills are required.
- Ability to interact with frontline production personnel to troubleshoot equipment and systems issues.
- This position requires the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, e.g., working around operating machines, working with hazardous chemicals and materials, etc.
- While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over slippery surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as samples and record boxes. This position requires frequent pulling, carrying, and lifting up to 50lbs.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.