Manager, Mechanical Engineer
We are looking for a Manager to lead our Mechanical Engineering team for our Actuation’s division! Work can be located in Charlotte or Shelby NC!
Manages a major function of the engineering activities for the reporting unit with budget responsibility for the engineering functions managed. Responsible for the employment, training, motivation and evaluation of assigned staff. Directs the development of system requirements and specifications for various systems through multiple phases, makes decisions and recommendations that have impact on engineering and related activities of the division.
Location: Charlotte, NC or Shelby, NC
- Serves as the manager for the mechanical function of the engineering unit. Ensures adequate resources are available for projects, standard tools are available to perform tasks, and creating and monitoring processes.
- Possess strong analytical abilities and be able to prioritize, coordinate and manage complex operational issues and processes
- Be a strong leader of people and team builder, as well as an excellent communicator at all levels both internally and externally
- Influence decisions in all functions within the group that impact technical integrity, cost, deliveries, and customer relationship
- Estimate costs, prepare technical response documents, and help submit bids for engineering projects, assisting business development activities
- Travel internationally and domestically at least 10% and support and/or lead virtual meetings across multiple time zones outside local business hours
- Drive process improvements and governance to optimize department efficiencies and to ensure processes are followed
- Engineering and business acumen for resolution of technical issues related to the product, process integrity and customer interface for customer products and supplier processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master degree preferred
- 10 years plus of related experience
- Professional Engineer designation is preferred
- 5 years plus managing a team of Mechanical Engineers
- Commitment to excellence with the ability to work in a diverse, past paced environment.
- Customer focused with a bias towards action
- Experience with developing procedures, team building and project management.
- Prior aircraft actuation experience or related is a plus