Benestar Brands is a rapidly growing snack food manufacturer focused on better-for-you, high-quality snacks. We are building a state-of-the-art facility in Kings Mountain, NC that will produce our restaurant-style tortilla chip brands and pork skin snacks. We are seeking a dynamic candidate to fill the role of Operations Manager based at the Kings Mountain facility.
The Operations Manager ensures that all Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Continuous Improvement and Cost expectations are delivered across plant operations. This leader drives improvements across all shifts, working closely with the Maintenance Manager, Quality Manager, Sanitation Leader, Shift Supervisors, and plant employees to achieve results. The Operations Manager works with line Leaders and Supervisors to develop their technical and leadership skills. This position requires hands-on leadership. In addition, the Operations Manager is responsible for organizing and managing day-to-day activities and in managing workers to achieve daily production goals. This leader achieves these objectives by effectively training and delegating authority to key team members in production, quality, sanitation, shipping/receiving, and maintenance.
- Build and maintain effective relationship with Operations & Maintenance to ensure that all are working towards the same vision and goal.
- Create a culture that drives ownership and continuous improvement at all operational and maintenance levels.
- Direct the supervision of all plant operational & maintenance functions.
- Develop and implement predictive and preventive maintenance strategies throughout the plant to ensure that equipment reliability is effective and minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Work with maintenance to schedule, and execute maintenance activities to maximize availability of equipment and meet specific needs for our customers
- Provide support for troubleshooting and resolving daily problems. Analyzing bad actors to identify priorities for the group.
- Create and execute plans to meet changing needs of the operation.
- Review production order specifications and help plan production process, including how to produce, the correct tools and materials for the job and the sequence of steps to follow in production of the product.
- Problem-solve and make decisions on ways to decrease cycle times and improve efficiency of setups.
- Provide training, direction, and daily feedback to team members. Help associates with problem solving, adjustments, and machine setups.
- Provide leadership to employees and be knowledgeable of the manufacturing process and equipment selected to supervise.
- Enforce safety, quality and all other company policies.
- Maintain conformance of policies, rules, and procedures. Take appropriate coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) with non-conforming associates.
- Attain a high level of working knowledge of all QC Systems and material/product testing equipment.
- Assure work areas are kept clean and orderly utilizing 5S methods.
- Associates degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred. Previous Food Manufacturing experience and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations procedures strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated managerial experience in a manufacturing setting; 5 years’ experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in applying TPM/lean principles. Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5 S and Kaizen events
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, and decision-making skills with the proven ability to manage complex situations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required; must be able to communicate at all levels of the organization. Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred).
- Must be able to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced, team oriented, ever-changing manufacturing environment
- Must be willing and able to work extra hours as needed to support production needs.
- Ability to work in varying production environments (heat and cold).
- This position requires the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, e.g., working around operating machines, working with hazardous chemicals and materials, etc.
- While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over slippery surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as samples and record boxes. This position requires frequent pulling, carrying, and lifting up to 50lbs.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.