Nippon Electric Glass (NEG) is a worldwide leader in specialty glass products with manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and the U.S. The company began in 1949 producing vacuum glass tubing for radios, and has now expanded to include glass products for the automotive and transportation, information technology and semi-conductors, medical care, lighting, displays, energy, social infrastructure and home appliances. The Shelby NC, Lexington NC and Chester SC facilities, which make-up Electric Glass Fibers America, a subsidiary of NEG, manufacture glass fiber products for a variety of applications employing over 900 people in the U.S.
Manage and administer payroll system and employee benefits programs including medical, flexible spending accounts, dental, vision, STD/LTD (disability) plans, life insurance plans, Retirement/401(k). Coordinate benefit updates and changes with third party vendor and manage changes in HRIS. Coordinate employee benefit communications.
1. Ensure payrolls are completed accurately and on time including shared files with vendors.
2. Assure company benefits are administered in accordance with vendor agreements.
3. Serve as Plan Administrator for company/employee benefit plans.
4. In conjunction with corporate benefits consultant, assess and recommend benefit plan changes to provide employees with competitive benefits for employee and family and meet company cost/budget requirements.
5. Develop census data, evaluate quotations, and make recommendation to management, including premium cost share recommendations to management.
6. Manage open enrollment process and assure extensive communications to all eligible employees.
7. Install approved new plans and changes to existing plans in HRIS, develop and coordinate communications, and update plan summary documents.
8. Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filled with Federal and State agencies such as IRS, DOL, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to State and Federal laws pertaining to payroll, benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
9. Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction (HRIS). Manage benefits enrollment/changes in conjunction with Life Event guidelines.
10. Review monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies for accuracy and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs.
11. Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators. Coordinate transfer of data to external contact for services, premiums and plan administration. Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
12. Assure processing COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDRO’s, QMCSO’s distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
13. Perform plan audits, prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
14. Assume responsibility for other HR tasks/initiatives as directed and based on needs of the organization.
✓ Core competencies: Focus on Results, Drive Change, Promote Teamwork, Build Trust & Respect, Understanding Markets & Customer Results.
✓ Other competencies: Attention to Detail, Plan & Organize, Communicate & Share Information
✓ EGFA Employees: 650
✓ Benefits Partners
Consulting Partner: Willis, Towers & Watson
Benefit Partners: Medical/Rx – Blue Cross/Blue Shield of NC
Stop Loss Insurance – Blue Cross/Blue Shield of NC
COBRA (Benefit Deductions) – Connect Your Care (CYC)
Flexible Spending Account – Connect Your Care (CYC)
401(k) – Vanguard/Ascensus 401(k)
401(k) – Advisory Bd. (Mercer)
✓ BS Degree or extensive payroll and benefits analyst/administrative experience (minimum 5 years).
✓ Experience with Ceridian Dayforce or similar HRIS systems
✓ Experience working with benefits vendors (health care, life and 401(k)).
✓ Knowledge of employment payroll/benefits & legal requirements.
✓ IT skills (excel, etc.).
✓ Strong verbal and written communication skills.
ORGANIZATION CHART (Show reporting relationships, i.e. immediate supervisor, all other positions reporting to supervisor, this position in bold, and all positions reporting to this position)
Directly to: Director Human Resources
HR Hiring/Staffing Coordinator