Post Office Associate
Gardner-Webb University invites applications for the full-time position of Post Office Associate. This position reports to the Assoc. VP for Business & Finance and facilitates the collecting, processing, and delivery of student, faculty, and staff mail. The Post Office Associate is employed by the University as opposed to the United States Postal Service.
- Complete two mail runs per day to US Post Office
- Assist in receiving, checking in and checking out packages from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and other carriers
- Maintain postage balance and reconciliation spreadsheets for:
- Maintain spreadsheet for internal postage reallocation
- Manage forwarding mail and returning mail processes
- Assist in front counter customer service to include answering phone calls and sorting and distributing mail
- Assigning mailboxes to residential students and maintaining the database
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- Ability to work effectively alongside team members
- Competency in computer skills, knowledge of Excel, and ability to learn new technology and programs quickly
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Effectively present information and respond to students, university faculty/staff, all while maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- Possess personal characteristics and values consistent with the mission of GWU: friendly, approachable, patient, caring, flexible, professional, self-directed, trustworthy, committed to task, and the ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Service-oriented, motivated, and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions. Manage multiple tasks with competing priorities and deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- Assist unloading of packages from freight/delivery companies. Must be able to lift upwards of 50lbs.
- Periods of standing, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Valid Driver License with clear motor vehicle record.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should complete the application using the link below and submit a cover letter/letter of interest, résumé, and names and contact information for at least three professional references with their submission. Incomplete applications may not be reviewed.