Safely and efficiently operate a variety of textile machines. Employees are cross-trained on all applicable equipment and must be flexible in working varied assignments.
- Set up and operate machines to manufacture textiles based upon defined product specifications.
- Take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
- Complete tasks safely and efficiently with the highest level of quality in mind.
- Maintain accurate records to ensure product and process traceability.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards. Report safety hazards and incidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with coworkers, customers, collaborators, vendors, and management.
- Work with team member to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards and maintain documentation applicable to the responsibilities above.
- Handle any additional tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work. Including weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in an effective way.
- Ability to produce quality products consistently.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Willingness to learn and apply technical/mechanical skills.
- Possess solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality requirements.
- Ability to work in a team to achieve goals.
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs manually consistently and frequently.
- Able to withstand temperatures in typical manufacturing environment.
- Position spends 75-80% of time standing, walking, climbing, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending and stooping, twisting, crouching, kneeling, and reaching.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.25 to $15.77 /hour
- manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
Location: Grover, NC (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)
Pay Frequency: Bi weekly or Twice monthly