Benestar Brands is a rapidly growing snack food manufacturer focused on better-for-you, high-quality snacks. We are building a state-of-the-art facility in Kings Mountain, NC that will produce our restaurant-style tortilla chip brands and pork skin snacks. We are seeking a dynamic candidate to fill the role of Production Supervisor based at the Kings Mountain facility.
The Production Supervisor oversees production employees for the assigned shift to ensure production guidelines are being met within established timing, quality, and cost standards. Trains, directs, coaches, and leads the production team in the day-to-day operations to meet safety, quality, and production and quality requirements. Drives the communication of production goals and objectives, as well as results to effectively motivate the team to maintain a high standard of product quality while maximizing plant efficiencies. Directs the routine maintenance and set up of machines, equipment, and facilities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Plans, assigns and directs work for the production employees. This includes performance evaluations; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
- Performs daily walks and visual inspections of the Production floor in observation of unsafe acts or conditions; takes immediate corrective action where necessary.
- Maintains safety/environmental self-audits & visual checks.
- Monitor the equipment performance in production process to ensure that equipment is functioning efficiently and is properly cleaned and sanitized. Arrange for timely repair/resolution of equipment failures.
- Adheres to product specification requirements throughout the manufacturing process to maintain the desired product quality results.
- Maintains adequate knowledge of products and equipment to ensure the ability to direct employees to perform the job properly.
- Guarantees all production lines are appropriately staged for current and future runs.
- Ensures proper staffing levels with regards to skills and headcount.
- Ensures tasks are completed in accordance with HACCP and USDA regulations; taking corrective action when necessary.
- Maintains or exceed goals on yields and efficiencies.
- Continually review and suggest changes in workflow processes and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the department and/or production crew to maintain the lowest level of downtime and product costs possible.
- Enforce plant and company safety programs, promoting and maintaining a high level of awareness and adherence to defined employee safety requirements such as lock-out/tag-out, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Provide technical recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Monitor production rates, flow, and integrate changes as needed.
- Accurate management of all temporary and full-time associate scheduling and timekeeping.
- Ensure the completion of required production paperwork, records, documentation, such as timecards and quality records.
- Ensure all necessary production efforts are communicated to appropriate departments.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred. Food Manufacturing experience and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations procedures strongly preferred.
- 2 years of experience in direct employee supervision is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required; must be able to communicate at all levels of the organization. Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred).
- Must be able to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced, team oriented, ever-changing manufacturing environment.
- Able to problem solving and troubleshoot efforts associated with high-level process issues.
- Strong planning and priority setting skills.
- Must be willing and able to work extra hours as needed to support production needs.
- Ability to work in varying production environments (heat and cold).
- This position requires the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, e.g., working around operating machines, working with hazardous chemicals and materials, etc.
- While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over slippery surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as samples and record boxes. This position requires frequent pulling, carrying, and lifting up to 50lbs.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.