ACTEGA North America is a leading manufacturer of water-based and energy curable coatings, inks and adhesives for the printing and graphic arts industry. Our products offer high-value visual and functional appearances to paper, board, metal or plastic. ACTEGA has a highly specialized technical sales and applications team dedicated to bringing your surfaces to life.
The R&D Technologist I is responsible for independently developing and testing new UV curable inks & coatings, water-based inks & coatings, fountain solutions and pressroom chemicals for the Graphic Arts market, as well as ongoing project assignments, formal project reports writing, and research & development activities.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• Support and promote a culture of safety first by personal demonstration of appropriate safety behaviors and actively caring about others.
• Investigate and develop laboratory methods and procedures, equipment and instrumentation required for application, research, or process control.
• Prepare chemical mixtures for use in processing materials, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
• Analyze test data using various computer software programs.
• Document and record test results for various raw materials and finished goods using various computer software systems and handwritten on paper.
• Generate regular status reports on ongoing projects.
• Provide ongoing training and support to laboratory personnel and other departments as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in a science-related field preferred
• Minimum 2-4 years of previous experience working in a lab
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills including the ability to read and properly interpret information, follow safety procedures, and present to large and small groups.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Above-average proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• SAP and MiniTab experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to be very detail oriented and accurate in both written and verbal communications.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• This position requires frequent standing, and walking in a laboratory environment.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to deal with infrequent extreme temperature conditions including heat and cold
• Ability to work in an environment around chemicals that may cause various odors