American Restoration is a restoration company serving the area since 1971 with water, fire, smoke, storm, trauma, sewage or biohazard cleanup.
Job Title: Reconstruction Division Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Class: Full-Time, Exempt
Job Summary: The primary role and responsibility of the Reconstruction Division Manager (RDM) is to oversee the reconstruction operations on a day-to-day basis, ensuring high quality work that is done safely, on-time, and within budget. The RDM ensures quality control of the entire Reconstruction Division (and processes) from first response to project completion. The RDM leads, mentors, and manages Project Managers, Lead Carpenters, Carpenters, Assistant Carpenters and Subcontractors while fostering a work environment that upholds the company’s core values.
Essential Job Functions:
• Understand and promote the Vision, Mission and Values of the company.
• Understand and promote the operational system(s) used by the company.
• Understand how insurance claims are processed as well as a solid knowledge of industry practices and third-party adjuster managed claim services (TPA).
• Work with the General Manager and Executive Leadership Team to develop, implement, and oversee division standards, goals, and budgets.
• Regularly assess the division needs (personnel, equipment, fleet) and report to General Manager during weekly meetings.
• Hold all Project Managers and other key personnel accountable in developing the job scope, reviewing and approving estimates on Xactimate or Symbility, job schedules, Subcontractors, vendors, work orders, file management system, budgets, quality, and communication.
• Conduct department meetings and 1 on 1 meetings on a regular basis.
• Interact with clients in disaster response activities, as well as ensuring client satisfaction throughout the entire project flow. Regularly inspect job progress and quality of work through daily and weekly site visits and file reviews.
• Actively recruits, onboards, and manages the subcontractor base.
• Maintain a professional, positive attitude and appearance, while always demonstrating a sense of urgency.
• Audit all paperwork from field before submitting it to the office for billing as soon as the job is completed, validating Work Authorizations and Client Completion Certificates, and any other required documentation.
• Submitting all invoice requests after auditing each completed job in a timely manner.
• Creating and submitting payment schedules to the Project Manager and file management system.
• Regularly scheduled file reviews with Project Managers to ensure all jobs are compliant to company standards.
• Uses good decision-making practices in doing what is right for the company in all situations. Must have high ethical practices.
• Understands all job responsibilities while assisting others in promoting the success of the company.
• Have a positive, professional, and respectful attitude towards all staff members on the Reconstruction Team, as well as those in other departments.
• Supports the on-call rotations to ensure company readiness 24 hours per day / 7 days a week.
• Keeps up with OSHA and EPA safety requirements and oversees the implementation of these requirements on all job sites.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities for the Reconstruction Division in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Routinely offers creative and innovative suggestions for process improvements.
• Develop a team effort with all field operations staff and other members of the organization.
• Works directly with the Mitigation Division Manager to ensure successful hand-offs of projects from the Mitigation team to the Reconstruction team.
• Other duties as needed and directed by the General Manager.
• Expert knowledge in the construction Industry
• Highly effective written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrates service driven, results oriented customer service abilities and experience
• Demonstrates the ability to effectively mentor and support employee’s success
• Proven crisis management skills, ability to facilitate problem resolution in stressful situations
• Demonstrates strong team management and leadership skills
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Demonstrates ability to work independently with confidence, handle stress gracefully, and manage negative feedback with discernment and discretion
• Demonstrates ability to interpret, explain and apply industry standard and company policies as well as use sound judgment to reach decisions in accordance with rules and policies
• Strong technology background with demonstrated ability to skillfully use a variety of software and databases used in the restoration industry
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly, occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance
• Ability to climb ladders, work at ceiling heights, work in tight spaces (e.g., crawls spaces, attics)
• Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to repetitively push/pull/lift/carry objects
• Ability to travel locally and out of state when necessary
• Ability to successfully complete a background check subject to applicable law
• Agree to signing a non-compete clause
• 5 years Restoration Industry-Related experience; both residential and commercial jobs (preferred)
• 10 years of experience in construction and remodeling (preferred)
• 5 years of experience in senior level management role (preferred)
• Experience successfully managing a team to achieving company goals on a consistent basis
• Experience in Customer Service, dealing with escalated situations
• Experience with Industry-Related software: Dash, Xactimate, Symbility, TPA’s (preferred)
• General Contractors License (Preferred)
• High school diploma/GED
• Bachelor’s degree (Preferred)
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the Job Description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Please visit job opportunities page to apply: https://www.amrest.com/about-us/american-restoration-now-hiring.html
Resumes can also be sent to [email protected].