Mechanical Design Engineer
We are looking for a technically savvy Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Actuation’s team! Work can be located in Charlotte or Shelby NC!
Under minimal supervision, designs complex mechanical systems, equipment and packaging solutions. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication. Provides design information to drafting for finalizing documentation. Expected to use CAD and CAE systems to create design options. Other detailed analysis documentation is expected in accordance with design requirements.
Location: Charlotte, NC or Shelby, NC
- Assumes a lead role in the engineering design, maintenance support and training for new product and existing products. Analyze new and existing designs to optimize design efficiency, safety, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Designs and conducts experiments, collects data and interprets results, conducts analysis and writes analysis and test reports. Capability to draw conclusions and reconcile differences between predicted and actual results.
- Plans and coordinates a variety of complex engineering solutions including documentation, reporting, publishing, and making technical or other presentations to ensure visibility of the solution(s) in an evolving environment.
- Supports manufacturing in the development of processes and procedures to manufacture the products in accordance with design requirements and intended use. Analyze non-conformances and work on resolutions to manufacturing issues including root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Determines technical objectives and develops innovative, practical solutions to advance technical engineering problems. Leads failure analysis and responses to technical proposals — excellent writing and communication skill are needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with the following: GD&T, CAD systems (preferably Siemens NX), CAE systems, Simulink/MATLAB desired.
- Ability to create models and drawings, present design reviews, and perform trade studies and design reviews.
- Capable of coordinating multiple project responsibilities.
- Must be a team player and have knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to perform analysis and studies with strong attention to details in a fast-paced environment.