Student Account Representative
Gardner-Webb University invites applications for the position of Student Account Representative. This is a 40 hour per week non-exempt (hourly) position. This position will interact with students, parents, and employees providing excellent customer service as it relates to student accounts and general receipting for the University.
- Process payments for Student Accounts balances; payments received via phone, mail, and in person.
- Process deposits for all areas across campus.
- Engage in clear communication with students and/or parents concerning billing.
- Balance petty cash and personal drawer daily.
- Set up payment plans for current term balances.
- Answer phone calls; call volume can be high at beginning of semester.
- Process mass billings/mailings at beginning of each semester.
- Perform collection calls during semester.
- Process weekly refunds resulting from financial aid disbursements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university in a business-related field preferred.
- High level of competency in computer skills and ability to learn new technology and programs quickly. High level of proficiency in developing and maintaining Excel spreadsheets to provide accurate and detailed financial records for reporting purposes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to students, University employees, and the general public all while maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- Service-oriented, motivated, and able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Initiative and ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and accept increasing levels of responsibility as directed by the Student Accounts Office Manager.
- Possess personal characteristics and values consistent with the mission of GWU: friendly, approachable, patient, caring, flexible, professional, self-directed, trustworthy, committed to task, and the ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidates should complete the application using the link below and include a letter of interest, resume, and names and contact information for at least three professional references with their application submission.