||Tutor Services Coordinator
||Ensure that Cleveland Community College students have clear access to the academic support necessary to excel in their chosen programs. Supervise and direct professional and peer tutors. Coordinate with fellow Library staff as well as Help Desk staff to identify and support students’ academic skills gaps
|Essential Duties Summary
- Strengthen student enrollment and retention by maintaining a culture of academic support.
- Manage all tutoring services of the college: face-to-face on campus, face-to-face off campus, and online services.
- Schedule all sessions and communicate accordingly with students, parents and tutors
- Select, train, motivate, supervise, and evaluate tutors; provide work direction and guidance to tutors; monitor tutor performance; provide or coordinate tutor training; work with tutors to correct deficiencies; and implement development plans or disciplinary procedures, as needed.
- Develop accurate FTE contact hour reports for submission to Director of Reporting and Data Collection each semester and assist in auditing processes.
- Submit, process and record instructor referral forms necessary for FTE reporting.
- Liaise with faculty to identify student needs and ensure academic integrity
- Consult with Vice President of Academic Affairs on all tutoring services
- Liaise with CCP Advisors/Career Coaches to assess student needs and ensure Academic Success Services are clearly offered to CCP students/parents
- Market various Academic Success Services to diverse student body including CCP students.
- Coordinate with Athletic Director and coaches to ensure the academic success of student athletes.
- Serve students at Library Circulation Desk as needed and cross-train other Library staff on basics of Academic Success Center
- Coordinate with IT Helpdesk and Library staff to assist in triage of students lacking computer literacy; offer identified students one-on-one tutoring to gain tech skills needed for success in their courses
- Plan strategically to ensure the operation is as lean as possible while providing high level tutoring and ease of access to students
- Research technology options to increase efficiency of daily operations in scheduling appointments, appointment reminders, student schedule syncing, tutor utilization, etc.
- Participate in professional development through associations, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Brainstorm and implement strategies with fellow Library staff to create systems for wholistic academic support for each student
- Coordinate with Student Affairs on best practice for updating student records with involvement in Academic Success Services.
- Provide support in resolving institutional conflicts/questions relating to Academic Success Services.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Process personnel files for tutors in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Treat students and colleagues respectfully, speak to others courteously, and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interaction that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Provide exceptional customer service including, but not limited to, courteous and responsive written and verbal communication to people internal and external to the institution.
- Performs other duties as assigned and other related duties incident to the work described herein.
||Level 10 salary scale–beginning at $39,500 based on experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work or meet in the evenings and/or on weekends, with advance notice.
- Ability to provide leadership in anticipating and responding to change.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others.
- Skill in the use of computers and commitment to use of technology.
- Experience with current version of MS Office or similar programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Provide exceptional customer services with people internal and external to the institution.
- Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
- Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
- Collaborating and facilitating
- Creating and innovating
- Anticipating and responding to change
- Providing vision and leadership
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Flexible and adapts to change.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple departments and activities of others.
||Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university.
||ADA requirements for this position include critical thinking skills with the ability to process information, analyze data, make assessments, and exercise good judgment to make decisions; possess ease of mobility within the work environment and other areas of campus; and effective use of all forms of communication (oral, visual, auditory), including use of computers. Be able to lift weights up to 10 pounds on a regular basis.